The Haim sisters have been named BBC Sound of 2013's most promising new musical talent. Sisters Danielle, Este and Alana Haim's music has been described as classic rock inspired and R&B. they have toured with US band Mumford & Sons and with UK band Florence and the Machine. On receiving this honor from BBC they expressed their happiness, "We are so unbelievably honored to win the BBC Sound of 2013 list. We have found our second home in the UK. We can't wait to release new music and play as many shows as possible this year. Thank you to everyone who voted for us. We are so excited."
The voters for this year's BBC poll included critics, DJs and bloggers whose numbers exceeded 200. Giving the band competition in the top five position were duo AlunaGeorge who are a R&B/electronica band who came second, singer Laura Mvula, rapper from New York Angel Haze and Scottish electro band Chvrches.
The winners of previous year's BBC Sound title include talents such as Corinne Bailey, Adele, Ellie Goulding, Jessie J and Keane. Fans and jury members have also expressed their happiness on Haim winning the award, saying they much deserved to win it.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN