The Haim sisters have been named BBC Sound of 2013's most promising new musical talent. Sisters Danielle, Este and Alana Haim's music has been described as classic rock inspired and R&B. they have toured with US band Mumford & Sons and with UK band Florence and the Machine. On receiving this honor from BBC they expressed their happiness, "We are so unbelievably honored to win the BBC Sound of 2013 list. We have found our second home in the UK. We can't wait to release new music and play as many shows as possible this year. Thank you to everyone who voted for us. We are so excited."
The voters for this year's BBC poll included critics, DJs and bloggers whose numbers exceeded 200. Giving the band competition in the top five position were duo AlunaGeorge who are a R&B/electronica band who came second, singer Laura Mvula, rapper from New York Angel Haze and Scottish electro band Chvrches.
The winners of previous year's BBC Sound title include talents such as Corinne Bailey, Adele, Ellie Goulding, Jessie J and Keane. Fans and jury members have also expressed their happiness on Haim winning the award, saying they much deserved to win it.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki