Autistic students will get extra time
More time will be given to autistic students in exams, Maharashtra State Board for Secondary and Higher Secondary Education announced this for the first time. Board’s secondary school certificate (SSC, class X), begins on Thursday.
Extra time of 20 minutes for a one-hour paper, two-hour paper will get 40 minutes extra, 50 minutes for a two-and-a-half-hour paper and 60 minutes for a three-hour paper, will be provided to autistic students. These students will also be allowed to use computers.
After the CBSE, SSC board is the second to give a concession to autistic students.
About 2.55 lakh students will appear for the first language Marathi, Hindi and other regional languages paper from 460 centres at 3,035 schools across the division that includes Pune, Ahmednagar and Solapur.
Pune city alone has about 51,514 students appearing for the exam, 18,762 students from Pimpri-Chinchwad and 53,945 from Pune rural will appear for the examination.
Tight police security has been planned for the exam and flying squads will keep tight vigil on the proceedings.
- Hyundai aims to add 20 new electric models, inflating list of its EVs to 23 by 2025
- Lucid Air Dream to challenge dominance of Tesla Model S Long Range
- Washington’s Snoqualmie Casino wins COVID-19 insurance claim lawsuit
- Tesla’s stock can reach $3,000 by 2025 if it executes really well: Elon Musk
- Plug-Ins account for 18.5% of Volvo’s total U.S. sales in August 2021