The space shuttle Endeavour landed at LAX yesterday. Patients suffering from cancer are targeted by the University of Texas, Anderson Cancer Center's to be soon launched "Moon Shots Program" expressed optimism on Friday that the intensive research worth $3 billion will achieve breakthroughs.
Caner claims more than 260,000 lives in the United States alone, with annual cases going up to 750,000. This particular initiative will see large number of researchers and clinicians working together towards finding a remedy from this killer disease.
Bree Sandlin who was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer said, "The idea that in the future, women might not have to have the same fear I did upon learning about my disease would be more than I could ask for."
'Triple negative' cancer type is an aggressive form of cancer and most difficult to treat. This research will not only work towards new and effective ways of treating such rare and difficult cancer form but other cancers as well like ovarian cancer and others.
The Moon shot will have components that will fuel the two cancers. It will also include melanoma, that is the cause of a large number of skin cancer related deaths.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki