The Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service yesterday found a former cardiology head at Great Ormond Street Hospital for children in London guilty of sexually abusing young boys, a recent report reveals.
The panel says that the acts were carried out both in Paris, where Philipp Bonhoeffer worked until 2009, and in France, where he was working until 2000. A number of boys were targeted by him for his shameless acts.
Though he was attending a hearing in regards of the same, it has been found that he withdrew from the same last May and has not been represented since then.
It is being said he even committed these acts while going on trips with a medical charity to Nairobi between 1995 and 2008. Either he touched boys on danger areas, shared beds with them or sometimes underage boys were made victims.
In fact, a couple in France, which had appointed him for giving their nine-year-old son violin lessons, also reported that he touched the boy's body and penis while he was sleeping.
Professor Bonhoeffer accepts the same saying he had love for young boys and was lonely. It is now to be decided if his fitness to practice should be impaired and what sanction should be apply. For the time being, he is not on the medical register.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki