The gaming world just got better with Sony unveiling a smaller and lighter PlayStation 3 at the Tokyo Game Show on Friday.
This redesigned console of its already existing gaming console sports a thinner appearance and a much larger hard drive capacity.
Two editions of the redesigned PS3 arrive this fall in the U. S. One for $269 with 250GB super slim PS3 launches on September 25 that incorporates Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and downloadable content for Dust 514. Another option for $299 with 500GB slimmer PS3 version will be available on October 30 and comes with the collection of Assassin's Creed III.
According to the PlayStation blog, the new PS3 design is 20% smaller and 25% lighter than the existing model. On the record, the super slim PS3 weighs 1.1 pounds less than its forerunner and has also lost several inches in depth and height.
Another important change includes the total power consumption, which has dropped from 200W to 190W.
In other areas, gamers can buy the above mentioned packages on September 28, with an added option for a super slim PS3 that includes a 12GB flash hard drive.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki