New York Fashion Week surprises each year and this time it was a collaboration of fashion and technology. Fashion world's prominent designer Diane Von Furstenberg became a hostess to the first-ever runway fashion show that featured Google's newest creation, Google Glasses. Supermodels were seen walking the ramp wearing Google Glasses and at the end of the show ace designer Furstenberg and Sergey Brin, CEO Google walked the ramp holding hands marking the finale of the most unique shows that have ever taken place and shown a beautiful amalgamation of the worlds of Fashion and technology.
The models, stylist and the designer herself sported the gadget at the show.
Even a video has been released by Google that has been shot with the device and was also made public making it the first ever video that has been shot with Google Glass. The short video comprises of various beautiful people, clips from Furstenberg's fashion show.
This one of a kind collaboration called "DVF Through Glass" will lead a new era of computing devices that are wearable. This would change how we imagine high-tech gadgets forever.
However, the first batch of Google Glasses will not be delivered until 2013.
And, it's still unclear whether Google Glasses are a mere perpetual beta venture from Google.
The Google Glasses are expected to be launched next year and would cost $1,500.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki