Niki Minaj's rap in the song "Mercy" in Lil Wayne's mix-tape "Dedication 4" that just released, was speculated suggested Minaj endorsing GOP presidential candidate Romney. The line "I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney, you lazy b--es are f-ing up the economy" many thought pointed the direction of the singers support. Even the President was asked about Minaj song and said "I'm not sure that is actually what happened. I think she had a song on there, a little rap that said that. But, she likes to play different characters. So I don't know what's going on there." Now, Minaj has tweeted "Ha! Thank you for understanding my creative humor & sarcasm Mr. President, the smart ones always do. *sends love & support* @BarackObama." So the air about the meaning about the song sure is clear and guess Niki Minaj was just having a little fun with the lyrics.
But one would think why all the fuss about Minaj if she is supporting Romney well here's the thing, African-American support for the GOP has plunged so much that a recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found Mitt Romney capturing 0.0% of the black vote. So if Minaj had actually been a Romney backer, she might have been something of a rarity in the black electorate. After Minaj's lyric was made public, the hip-hop star received a number of threatening tweets attacking her for what seemed to be her political views. President Obama's input about the song sure did clear a lot of doubts.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki