Investigators have been surprised on seeing a shocking rise in the sales of bogus cigarettes in Birmingham, the second largest city in Britain, as per a recent report.
The inquest was held by the group of detectives working for the tobacco industry with an aim to determine the level of the illicit trade in the city. And finding the rate was 30.9%, the gumshoes became concerned.
It has been found by them that the counterfeit cigarette trade in the Midlands is making thousands of people its victim. People are taking in asbestos and mould along with dead flies and human excrement in the form of cigarettes. Since, the black market cigarette industry is using these offensive substances for manufacturing cigarettes.
The situation is even more worrying since, only in the previous year, the rates of consumption of such cigarettes stood at 14.1% i. e. less than half the figure realized this year. The UK Border Agency has noticed that Derbyshire was buying cigarettes made of dead flies’ crushed bodies. And these are customers attracted by bargain purchases that are helping the big black market business boost rapidly.
“Along with counterfeits, illicit whites represent the most significant threat to legitimate trade and tobacco revenues in the UK from large-scale organized criminality”, the report finds.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki