A team of researchers at Valencia, Spain-based La Fe University & Polytechnic Hospital noted that the link between OSA and cardiovascular mortality is well established.
Lead researcher Miguel Angel Martinez-Garcia said they studied 939 elderly patients, and found that severe OSA not adequately treated with CPAP led to an increase in the risk of cardiovascular mortality particularly from stroke and heart attack. However, Martinez-Garcia added that adequate CPAP treatment was found very effective in reducing this excess of cardiovascular mortality.
In the recently published study, Martinez-Garcia said, "CPAP treatment reduced this excess of cardiovascular mortality to levels similar to those seen in patients without OSA."
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki