At the NFL opening game, everyone watching the game saw a rare glimpse of the new Amazon Kindle Fire that has been long awaited.
The Kindle Fire HD will be available in two models, a 7" (17.8cm) screen, 16GB version selling at £159 and 32GB selling for £199. This device would pose a challenge to Google's Nexus 7 that is priced at £159.
However an improved version of Amazon's original Kindle Fire will start to sell in the UK for £129. Starting from 25 October you can get the devices delivered right at your door step.
The features offered by the Kindle Fire would have the fastest WiFi available on any tablet and an 11-hour battery life, a front facing camera for apps such a Skype.
Although Amazon's original Fire device was disapproved for deficient power and offering a poorer user experience than Apple. However critics praised its low cost and the company said it captured 22 per cent of the American market.
The new HD models will be utilized as a way to sell Amazon's books, magazines, film, TV and music downloads and feature stereo speakers and an HDMI port to for an easier TV connection.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki