A one minute TV ad showing a pair of devices that may be the long-expected and much-rumored new Kindles, aired late in the NFL season opening game between the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants.
Even though Amazon has been tight lipped over their new device, in the ad the devices that had been long anticipated to be launched finally appeared. These new devices will be unveiled tomorrow at a press conference in Santa Monica, California. The gadgets include a touch-screen device with a black finish that resembles the "Kindle Paperwhite."
It was reported last week that Amazon will introduce for the first time two 7-inch Kindle Fires at the event, including a high-end model with a fast processor, physical volume controls, a camera, an HDMI port, and larger storage. The press conference will begin tomorrow at 10:30 a. m. at the Barker Hangar.
Amazon is also working on including audio series of novels for their Kindle editions. Last year, Amazon announced multiple imprints for Montlake for romance novels, Thomas & Mercer for mysteries and thrillers, 47North for Sci-Fi, fantasy, horror for various genres. Amazon is purchasing the rights to these titles and will also be pushing out print and audio editions.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki