It has been reported that scientists and doctors would be attending a meeting-cum-conference at Cairns to understand more the health issues of transgenders. The conference called Sister Girl and Gender Diverse Conference is one of the first of it types in Queensland.
Doctors and medical practitioners have been found unaware of the health issues faced by the transgendered. The conference will take place on Friday. Health Expert, Darren Russell was reported saying, “There are specialists in this area around the country - both GPs who have got large numbers of transgender people in their community as well as clinics, specialists and psychiatrists who are experts in this”.
It seems like doctors and medical practitioners are paying greater attention to cancer and other life threatening diseases. However, they should not forget that transgendered face certain health complications which need to be addressed immediately.
The conference will provide an opportunity to the medical practitioners to understand the health issues of the transgendered. During the conference indigenous transgender people will share their experience as well. It is hoped that the conference will prove helpful in improving the medical science.
Good News USA
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN
- BT gets CAT to review its 2012 decision on BSkyB’s sports pricing policy