A drug addict from Blackpool died the previous day after he injected himself with heroin found to be contaminated, a recent report by the Health Protection Agency has revealed.
According to health experts, the man had contracted anthrax, a bacterial infection, out of the injection. Though, the reason has been found, it is now being concerned that the same may possibly result in an outbreak, small or big.
The report finds that the infection is usually got from herbivorous animals or cattle and causes a person to develop black-coloured flesh in arms or legs. Also, if worsened, it may cause one to get his blackened flesh cut too.
Thus, efforts are being made to discover the main source of the virus. While it is being suspected that the outbreak that was seen in 2009-10 might be the cause, there are equal probabilities that it has travelled from Europe. As per the findings, Europe has seen six cases of the disease since June this year, with one infection in Scotland too.
However, the infection can be cured with antibiotics, Dr. Dilys Morgan suggests, “It is important for professionals to know the signs and symptoms to look for, so that there are no delays in providing the necessary treatment”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki