Nokia and Microsoft would showcase Windows Phone 8 products at Nokia World in Helsinki on September 5th, reports have indicated. The two companies will also unveil their latest product in New York the same day. Invites were sent out by the team for a press conference to be held in New York on 5th September at 9.30 a. m. EST. it is quite possible that Microsoft and the Finnish smartphone manufacturer, Nokia want to turn all their focus on the US market and then turn their attention to the European market. The Finnish company gave no details about the event, but chief executive Stephen Elop said earlier on Wednesday the company would unveil soon a new smartphone using Microsoft's latest smartphone software. Nokia has been fighting for survival after ceding vast ground to Apple and Samsung in recent years. In 2011 it abandoned its own mobile operating system, Symbian, and forged a software alliance with Microsoft, which had also been caught on its heels by the smartphone fall behind in smartphone boom. The new software will feature a host of upgrades including support for mobile payments.
Their first collaboration, the Lumia 800, was well-reviewed but sales have been modest.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki