Though the contract of the Immigration Detention Centre in north Queensland has been extended, doctors are now questioning the progress report of the centre. It seems that doctors from the local community are not happy that the contract has been revised.
The Scherger Immigration Detention Centre has a good number of employees, but it has been noticed that a very few detainees are treated there. The happenings of the centre were being reported when a journalist attained permission to stay inside the centre for four months.
Under strict regulations, he was given permission and it was made clear to him that he would not carry out any interview of detainee and would also not try to seek any kind of information. The authorities concerned also keep a tab to ensure that he has been fulfilling all the condition, being laid on him.
He was of the view that detainees spend their day while playing cricket. They do a lot many other activities, like learning internet and knowing more about the country.
It was also noticed that detainees, who have been living for a long time in the centre were quite distressed about the same. They were demoralized to an extent. It was concluded that health officials should take interest in the centre.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki