Rihanna spoke one on one with famous chat show host Oprah Winfrey on Next Chapter. The interview was taken in Rihanna’s native Barbados. Oprah on her interview with Rihanna said she was surprised with her emotional and vulnerable side. She said, ‘I thought she was gonna be kind of a badass, a kind of hard edged, rocker, pop woman. Nothing could have been further from the truth.' she added, ‘She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that.’
Chatting to Oprah, Rihanna revealed about her split from Chris Brown in 2009 after he physically assaulted her just before the Grammy Awards. Talking about it she told Oprah, "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend. I was resentful. I held a grudge. I was dark.” Rihanna also revealed how afraid she is of being famous and the responsibilites and expectations that come along with it, "super duper afraid of the pedestal that comes with fame. It's amazing how lonely you can feel,” the pop star said.
Rihanna and Chris Brown have reconciled since the events that broke them up in 2009, they collaborated on various projects. Oprah’s Next Chapter would air on Sunday, 19 August at 9 p. m. EST on Oprah’s channel OWN.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki