Foursquare back in June unveiled their overhauled mobile app calling it the "All New Foursquare". It brought an entirely different look with redesigned friends feed and explore tab. Foursquare has returned a popular feature for viewing just the check-ins of nearby friends to its mobile application. Nearby friends, as the filtered view is called, comes back to iPhone and BlackBerry today, giving users of the location-based check-in and exploration application a way to switch between a global view of all activity and a view of activity from friends who are in the same city. The idea was to get people liking, commenting, and engaging with friends' updates, regardless of their locations, but a vocal minority was none too pleased about losing the capability to see the same-city activities of friends. The updated version of Foursquare is available now for iPhone and BlackBerry. A similar Android release is coming soon. The latest version update includes a few bug fixes and a few performance tweaks.
"Some people use foursquare to keep up with all of their friends, but sometimes you just want to know what's going on in your city. To switch between the two views on iPhone, just drag the screen down on your friends tab. On BlackBerry devices, you can now tap the friends icon to switch between the two views," says Foursquare.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki