It would not be wrong to say that if parents want to make their children grow dumb then they should feed their children a diet that is rich in saturated fat or in other words the diet, which is known as junk food.
A study has been taken out by a group of researchers from the University of Adelaide, South Australia, which has concluded that junk food reduces the level of IQ among children. In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers assessed more than 700 children.
The assessment was being done at three stages and then final assessment was being done at the time when they turned eight years old. Lead researcher Dr. Lisa Smithers said that they evaluated the food habits of children when they were six months old then at the time when they turned 15 months old and last assessment was being done when they turned two years old.
As said, final assessment was being done at the time when they turned eight years old. It was found that children, who had taken healthy diet, were having better IQ level than those, who had been fed on junk food. The study researchers have reached at a conclusion that breastfeeding in initial months of an infant and later providing him nutritious food will help a child to have better IQ level.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki