Author of the Winterbourne View serious case review (SCR) has claimed that it is time for social workers to come forward and defy providers and colleagues to fight for the rights of all those adults, who are at risk; to make certain that this group of people is able to get the proper protection and support they require.
SCR reports have highlighted that regulator, commissioners and safeguarding agencies, all are to be held responsible for failing to recognize and lime light the offensive practice at learning disability hospital in south Gloucestershire.
Speaking two days after her SCR reports exposed the real failures, Margaret Flynn informed Community Care that the case emphasized on the meaning of care and protection required to good safeguarding.
Flynn said, "Oth groups were severely hampered by the partial information that Castlebeck Ltd, conveyed to agencies about the frequency and nature of serious incidents, including the high levels of restraint used on patients".
Castlebeck Ltd is responsible for the running of Winterbourne. The reports revealed that safeguarding process was put at stake.
Apart from this, SCR has highly condemned coordinators, who didn't perform their duties well and thus were not able to bring into concerns the quality of care provided.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki