Here are some home remedies for healthy hair:
1. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a mug of water and use as a last rinse after shampoo. It helps to relieve itching.
2. Heat olive oil or sesame seed oil and apply on the scalp with cotton wool, rubbing gently, to dislodge the flakes.
3. Rinsing your hair with water infused with the goodness of marigold is also very beneficial to attain shiny hair. Add a handful of fresh or dried marigold flowers to three cups of hot water. Allow it to stand for an hour. Strain and cool the water and use as a final rinse. It benefits oily hair, adding shine to it.
4. One can soak methi seeds overnight in water. Strain the water next morning and use it to rinse the hair to tackle all kinds of hair trouble. Other homemade remedies to bring back the shine to dull and lifeless hair include vinegar, banana and avocado oil.
5. Wash scalp with vinegar or mash a banana and add avocado oil and apply it on hair as a mask and rinse hair after an hour. It makes your hair smooth and shining.
6. Eating right is important too.
7. Drinking amla juice first thing in the morning is advised for healthy hair and skin as it is loaded with vitamin C, iron and calcium.
8. One needs to include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts and yogurt in the daily diet.