Gwyrosydd Primary School's former head teacher Geraint Williams has decided to organize a live concert to commemorate her family member Rita, who lost her life in 2010 of cancer, a recent report has uncovered.
She was in her final stage of the illness when she lost her fight and died. It is for the second time that a concert is being organized in her memory, the report finds. A previous one was held with a successful collection of some £500.
The concert this time is also aimed at raising funds for the charity named Marie Curie Cancer Care, which never stops making efforts for cancer patients and for support of their families. It has been found that the charity's nurses provide free care at home as well as at the center to terminally ill people. Also, money donated to the same is partially given to researchers for more study on the disease.
As per the findings, the idea to raise funds through a concert had arisen as Rita was a big music-lover. Emma, her young granddaughter, is also enrolled for singing at the concert for she has inherited talent to play violin and bassoon piano.
The concert is to be held at Treboeth's St Albans Church on Saturday at 3pm, the report concludes.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki