Despite government's hard efforts to put a stop at the habit of smoking in the region, it seems that not all are in same favor. A big example of denial has recently come from Imperial Tobacco, which is in full strength to start its new cigarette maker that has a capacity of producing 8000 cigarettes in a minute.
Yes, 8000 cigarettes in a minute! It is definitely a very big number as per production chart. The announcements of the new machine came from the factory manager Mr. Mike McInnarney and Lower Hutt Mayor Ray Wallace.
Imperial Tobacco has no fears about its so-called future-proofed factory operating in Petone. They are confident to operate their business in the area even if plain packaging legislation is passed and this is what is troublesome!
Lower Hutt Mayor Ray Wallace has switched on his German-made cigarette-making machine yesterday. With the start of the machine, the Imperial's $45 million factory's upgrading also makes a start.
Mr. Brendan Walker, Imperial's commercial head, said that the 18-month upgrade aims to triple the exports of the product to Australia with selling 3 billion cigarettes to the country in a year.
The factory's decision has been stated as "immoral" by Associate Health Minister Ms. Tariana Turia. The official is efficiently recommending legislations to sell the tobacco products in non-branded packing.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki