If you are an alcoholic then make sure that you are consuming alcohol at very moderate levels because a new study's findings are preferring moderate alcohol consumption to lessen the risks of developing osteoporosis in postmenopausal women .
Researchers have noticed in their recent study that women in post-menopausal state are at higher risks of getting affected from osteoporosis condition, which weakens the bones. They suggest that the condition can lead to frequent fractures like hip fractures from falling etc. Thus they recommend a variety of substances like calcium, vitamin D and various medications to serve beneficial, which includes moderate alcohol consumption too.
They explained further about the intervention performed by Ms. Marrone JA et al, which involved 40 healthy postmenopausal women of an average age of 56 years. They studied all the factors causing osteoporosis in post-menopausal women very closely.
They concluded that alcohol helps in decreasing the excessive bone turnover in post-menopausal women, which means lesser resorption of bone and thus lesser risks of suffering from osteoporosis too.
The next finding said that abstinence from alcohol followed increased markers of bone turnover and higher risk of developing osteoporosis, whereas when women resumed their alcohol consumption, it helped them reduce their bone turnover markers.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki