A lady's interest in skiing has taken her to an intensive care unit in a hospital, says a report revealed lately. It is unpredictable sometimes how a desire for a small thing can cause a long-term suffering to someone.
The 34-year-old woman is from Auckland, who had got injured at the Remarkables ski field yesterday, getting unconscious following the same. As per the findings, she was found lying near the Shadow Basin lookout later in the afternoon by a public member.
Though, ambulance had been called at the scene, it has been found that paramedics had given her basic treatment. After the same, she was taken to Lakes District Hospital. However, her condition made her to get shifted to Dunedin Hospital shortly.
While the woman is now getting treatment for her severe brain injury, the report says, another pair was also seen by ski field medics. Since, the woman, 61, along with her partner had fallen down at Coronet Peak from a chairlift and had got injuries. It is being said that they fell from a height of about a meter. While the woman got her leg fractured, the man cut his shin.
Finding these cases, Hamish McCrostie, area manager, says, "NZSki would like to express its sincere regret that this incident has occurred to one of our guests".
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki