Till date, several studies have explained the reason as to why white looking teeth and set of teeth with no space between them look more attractive.
Experts have co-related teeth of a human with that of peacock’s tail, which signifies not only its pride but also that the animal is healthy. Similar is the case of teeth. Rather, experts suggest that teeth can also be looked upon as genetic factors to be considered while choosing a mate.
Recently, a study was carried out by a team of researchers from the universities of Leeds and Central Lancashire. Initially, they clicked images of models, after which they brought about changes in their teeth set, including a change in their color and spacing between them.
The researchers used three different colors, one of which was yellowish brown, the other was healthy white and the last one was startling white. The changed images were then displayed to 150 young men and women, and their opinion was asked regarding their attraction towards the models. They majority of them found yellow and widely spaced teeth lest attractive.
Leeds University psychologist Colin Hendrie said, “When males are looking at females and when females are looking at females, there is quite a strong effect, Males are thinking about attraction and females are in competition with each other”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki