It’s the 2012 London Olympics that will bring the former pop band Spice Girls to reunite once again after the 2008 London Olympics, where they performed at the closing ceremony. Joining other pop artists such as Jessie J, The Who, George Michael, Take That, will be the five spice girls, Emma bunton (Baby Spice), Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), Victoria Beckham (Posh spice), Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) and Melanie Chisholm (Sporty Spice), who will perform on 12 August, last day of the London Olympic Games.
The British pop band, reporteadly will sing two songs, ‘Wannabe’ which was their hit single in 1996 and number one in more than 30 countries. According to sources, Halliwell will wear the iconic Union Flag dress, which she wore at the 1997 Brit Awards.
After being asked if she would be making a comeback, Victoria Beckham, wife of legendary footballer David Beckham said, "I don't know about a comeback tour, but I loved being back with the girls. We are very excited about the Olympics." Even though the performances for the closing ceremony have been finalized, the opening ceremony still has many loose ends to tie which is on the 27th of July.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki