Now that she has divorced Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes in on the path of reinventing herself. The 33-year-old actress will appear at the Music Box Theater this fall in a new comedy.
The creator of “Smash”, Theresa Rebeck’s new comedy “Dead Accounts” will have Holmes as a part of it. The play is about a Cincinnati family whose domestic peace is upended when Jack, a sort of prodigal son returns home. The character of Lorna, Jack’s sister will be played by Katie. She would be the one who would question the real motive behind her brother coming back, what happened to his despised wife and where he got all his money.
Even though the role of Lorna is not a glamorous one but it will give Holmes the needed break to show off her comic timing. Meanwhile, Holmes agreed to the role as she too is from Ohio, the family is Catholic a refreshing change from all the Scientology drama that has been surrounding her life past few weeks.
Although the production team of ‘Dead Accounts’ has been working on this for months but they put off the announcement until the news of the famous Tom-Katie divorce settled.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki