Well looks like it’s not just the novel that is reaching new heights as far as the sales are concerned. But it’s the 50 Shades of Grey sex toys that were used by the main characters in the romantic erotic book that have crossed all sale records by an unpredictable 400 per cent.
Swedish distributors of high-end sex toys, LELO have reported that sales of their Kegel Luna Beads pelvic floor exercise system have increased dramatically in the past two months. The sex toy which is similar to what the book’s character Anastasia Steel used has topped Amazon. com’s list of best-selling “sexual wellness” products.
The Swedish brand’s version “Ben Wa” or “Geisha” balls used by the Anastasia, the leading character of the novel are actually high quality beads which are worn to help toughen the pelvic floor muscles. These are not only used as sex toys but also have health benefits, like supporting women preparing for childbirth or who are recovering from it. They also help maintain bladder control and conditioning the muscles.
These “love beads” as they are called are available in two different sizes, Mini- for women under 30 years with no experience of childbirth and the Classic version- recommended for women over the age of 30 and those with childbirth experience. These cost 33 pounds with each set including two 28g and two 37g beads, which can be combined in the silicone harness if a more tailored routine is desired.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki