Recent reports have revealed that a New York hospital has proposed a few changes in the way treatment used to be earlier carried out.
Previous reports suggest that four months back a 12-year-old Irish boy, Rory Staunton, died at the hospital due to misdiagnosis. It has been discovered that the boy cut his elbow, while he was playing basketball and four days later that was on April 1st, he died of septic shock.
Nevertheless, a week ago, New York Times released detailed investigatory reports and also the reasons that led to the death of the young boy.
However, even the hospital staff had admitted that it was due to medical negligence that the boy died.
Yesterday, the hospital stated in its statement that in order to prevent similar cases in future, these changes have been brought into action. The hospital said, “From now on physicians and nurses at the New York University Langone Medical Center will immediately be notified of certain lab results suggestive of serious infection, such as elevated band counts”.
Nevertheless, it has been recovered that the hospital has got stricter with the rules and confirmed that none of the patients admitted in the hospital would be discharged until all their test reports have not been analyzed and they are not properly diagnosed of all possible symptoms.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki