The superstar of Bollywood took his last breath. Rajesh Khanna, died at the age of 69. The veteran actor had been ailing and was in and out of the hospital these past few weeks. The cause of this illness was not clear.
Rajesh Khanna was admitted to the hospital once again; a couple of days ago and his family had been visiting him there. Various pictures of daughter Twinkle Khanna, who is expecting her second child, with husband Akshay Kumar were seen visiting him at the hospital.
The veteran actor has starred in more than 160 films, with hits such as Aarashana, Anand, Kati Patang and Amar Prem to name a few. He has a huge fan following and was known as `Kaka' in the film industry and amongst all his fans. He died at his Mumbai home on Wednesday. Following the news of his demise fans and well wishers gathered outside his home Aashirwad in Mumbai's Bandra area on Carter Road.
Khanna began his amazing journey as an actor in mid 1960s and was a part of many romantic movies. He married actress Dimple Kapadia and had two daughters, Twinkle and Rinke. However, the couple separated but estranged wife Dimple was by his side all through his illness and took care of him while he was in the hospital. Khanna also joined Indian politics and became a Lok Sabha MP.
Rajesh Khanna's last rites will be performed at 11 am on Thursday.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki