Exercise is best for health, it not only keeps an individual fit but also keeps them away from several health ailments, but who will make Australians aware of this. Findings in a recent study suggest that majority of Australians don't work out or exercise as per required, thus putting oneself victim to the hands of serious health problems.
a total of 75% Australians have been calculated to be at risk, out of which 38% aged over 15 are unable to carry out the prescribed exercise. They are unable to do brisk walking for five times in a week for at least half an hour.
The study, which has been published this week in British medical journal The Lancet, has warned that due to this inactive and lazy behavior, people are more likely to develop diabetes or heart problems and also some cancers.
It seems that Australians are following us and if the trend keeps on continuing, then soon they might stand in the same position. However, until now measured levels of physical activity reveal that Australians are still at a higher position in comparison to us residents.
In Australia, 40% of the adults have been accounted in the category of inactive, in comparison to 63% encountered in UK.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki