It has been revealed in a new report that Leanne Michelle Scott, 42, from Old Reynella is putting in all her endeavour to help stop people from adopting the evil habit of gambling.
As per the findings, the woman suffering from a relationship breakdown followed by depression was addicted to playing pokies. And her addiction took her to the way of becoming a thief.
Scott tried and conned her former employers successfully, stealing more than $810,000 for funding her addiction. She grew the habit when at first she played a pokie and won $250 and losses at times inspired her to play even more.
The report finds that it was not the first time she had done an act of theft as she previously had committed such acts almost 41 times and had herself admitted to the same. She was guilty of whipping some $810,705.75 in between the period of January 2004 and last September from Newmont Mining Services and Accolade Wines.
However, her last act led her to getting imprisoned. It is being said that she has completed two years behind bars the previous day. And the lady is now extending her story to the hotel industry as well as the government with a hope to prevent others from doing the same.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki