This time, the World Population Day is being organized with the theme of `universal access to reproductive health services'. Every year, the World Population Day is celebrated on the 11th of July. This year, on the 8th of July, the world population was at 7,025,071,966.
The day is celebrated with the aim of bringing awareness among people about the growing population of the world. On this day importance of family planning, gender equality, sex education and human rights.
The World Population day was first celebrated in 1989, when the population of the world grew more than five million. The UN authorities are of the view that the event can help in bringing awareness among the masses about various topic related to health and population expansion.
On this day, not only the population of the world in brought into notice. People suffering with abject poverty are also given attention. The aim of this is to improve the living standard of people so that everyone could enjoy the cup of life.
This year, emphasis is being laid over reproductive health services. On this day, a number of activities would take place all over the world with the aim of bringing awareness about the services.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki