A footage showing a ward boy stitching the wounds of patients has caused stir among the authorities of Uttar Pradesh. The political leaders of the region have called for an investigation over the case. The medical staff is in defense of the man saying that he has been working in the hospital for the past 10 years.
They said that though the man doesn't have the qualification of carrying out the procedure of stitching, he has learnt the skill while working as an assistant in the operation theaters of the hospital. The man not only stitches the wounds of patients but also carries out the responsibility of dressing the wounds.
Following the incident, the additional health officer, V K Sharma, paid a visit to the hospital. During his visit he even interacted with the media persons present there. He said, , "I have suggested. that in future they should make a proper contingent and only the doctors should carry out stitches or operate on patients... There should be no stitching by other staff".
A similar incident also took place at Ballia district hospital. An investigation over the case would be carried out in the coming days. It is sheer negligence by the hands of medical staff if they are allowing unqualified people for stitching the wounds of patients.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki