It has been uncovered by a recent report that Katy Gallagher, who is being accused of tampering medical data at Canberra Hospital since long, has admitted that her sister has also been working as a senior nurse at the hospice.
Ms. Gallagher had been called for another hearing yesterday, wherein she was asked in more detail about her act of manipulating data related to emergency patients.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, an accounting firm, as well as the Auditor-General have told the court that a total of 11,700 changes in the emergency department records were made by the woman from 2009 to April 2012.
Coming under high political pressure, the Minister for Health along with agreeing that she made changes in the records also told the Legislative Assembly's Budget Estimates Committee that her sister was working below Kate Jackson, who is the hospital's critical care’s executive director.
Although, an investigation by Auditor-General Maxine Cooper had found her sister not involved this improper conduct at the hospital.
Jeremy Hanson, health spokesman for Canberra Liberals' has charged the act of manipulation was for providing political coverage to Gallagher. “As a clinical nurse consultant they would have access to the computers and they would know about all the log-ins”, said Mr. Hanson.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki