Parents have been advised not to share bed with infants as it could prove hazardous for the delicate life. The infants under the age of 12 months should not be allowed to share beds with adults as during sleeping time they are at risk of getting injured.
Recently four cases have emerged up in which children sharing bed with their parents have succumbed to death. The investigator of the cases, Mr. Olle, said, “Caregiver/infant sharing of a sleep surface, beds, sofas, mattresses and armchairs, increases the risk of infant death from a fatal sleep accident and may increase the risk of infant death from SIDS”.
It is not for the very first time when parents have been warned regarding sharing bed with their infants. Every year, a number of sudden deaths of infants are reported by the families. Investigation has showed that during sleeping with the adult an infant gets accidently hit by the adults which lead to his or her death.
There is need to bring awareness among the parents about the danger of sharing bed with the infants. Awareness could help in reducing the number of infant death occurring during sleeping time.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki