While agreeing the he had his birthday the previous day, Amol Rajan says that it was not as important as was that of the Terrence Higgins Trust (THT), which has turned 30 the same day, as per a recent report.
Amol has been asking thousands and millions of people seeking to honour him with presents and demanding to have celebrations, to rather keep the accolade for the trust. According to his say, it is the trust that deserves the attention of the whole nation.
The trust was made to pay tribute to Terry Higgins, who had died at the age of 37 years in 1982 of AIDS, not so common during those days. Since, the idea of making a trust in his name had come on his death’s night, Rupert Whitaker, his partner, with Higgins’ friend Martyn Butler announced 4 July as the trust’s birthday.
It has been found that the trust’s aim is to raise awareness about the disease, the ignorance related to which amongst people had caused Higgins to die. The trust has now become the biggest charity for HIV and sexual health in Britain.
Thus, Amol claims that people should celebrate the birthday of the charity with the noble cause more importantly than his.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki