Doctors treating a 10-year-old Rottweiler were of the view that they have not seen such a dog, which has eaten not only strawberry, but a spoon as well, which was used to feed that strawberry.
Narrating the whole experience, the owner of Max, Annette Robertshaw, from Wakefield was of the view that her brother was enjoying strawberries and saw Max and offered him one. Annette's brother said that he got completely shocked at the time when he saw that Max has not only gulped the offered strawberry, but the spoon also.
They immediately took Max to a doctor and an X-ray revealed the spoon to be fixed in Max's stomach. Doctor's said that they need to carry out surgery and the spoon was removed from the stomach.
"I have never seen a dog that's eaten a teaspoon before although we do see lots of odd things that dogs have eaten, such as socks and children's toys", said Daniel Cook, who treated Max. Annette said that now Max does not like strawberries anymore and turns away its face, after seeing strawberries.
Cook has recommended that people should feed dogs from dogs' bowl only, as then it does not create any kind of problem.