If you are tired of trying weight loss programs and not able to achieve results then try sprinting and that too just for 20 minutes. A study being taken out by a group of researchers in the University of New South Wales has revealed that the said exercise is better than jogging.
Lead author Steve Boutcher, who is an Associate Professor at the University, was of the view that sprinting for 20 minutes will give an effect of seven hours of jogging and that too in a week. The study, which has been published in the Journal of Obesity, has found that sprinting burns belly fat seven times father than being burnt by regular exercise.
"Sprints are a very time efficient form of exercise. The sprint program, LifeSprints, reduced visceral fat with seven times less exercise time and has a much greater impact", said Steve. He further affirmed that participants who took part in the research were able to lose two kg fat.
Not only this, they also lost 17% of visceral fat as well added a lot of strength in their legs and trunks. However, when same result was desired from other forms of exercise, it took a lot of time. If to specify then it took seven hours of jogging in a week and that need to be continued for other 14 weeks.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki