Recently, a report has been released by the UN in which it has been confirmed that it is the Australians and New Zealanders who consume maximum amounts of recreational drugs in the world.
The stats of 2012 World Drug Report in regard of drugs usage clearly states that in comparison to the rest of world, in Oceania region it is consumed in much higher ratios.
The most commonly used drug in Australia is Marijuana. In 2010, when globally the consumption rates of this drug were between 2% and 5% at that time they were around 9.1% to 14.6% in Australia.
Besides, cocaine is also used in high quantities. It has been noticed that use of ecstasy has reduced from 3.7% to 3%. Ecstasy was once used as one of the most popular drugs in Australia. But in 2010-2011, around 112 kg of this drug was seized by the authority due to which there was a high dip in its availability.
Drug abuse is a common problem prevailing in every part of the world. Around 27 million people are drug addict today. In Australia, around 50% of such people are admitted in hospitals and rehabilitation centers for getting treated against drug abuse.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki