Findings of two new studies might send shock waves to American parents as the studies have blamed parents for making kids obese. According to the studies, negligence of parents on the physical activities of children might have resulted into growing incidences of obesity.
The findings of the studies have been published in the journal Early Child Development and Care reports. The journal has reported that parents who spend less time with their children are cause of the growing cases of obesity. It has been found that in the absence of parents, children spend more time in watching TV and in playing video games.
The co-author of the studies, David Schary, said, "Across all parenting styles, we saw anywhere from four to five hours a day of sedentary activity". The sedentary lifestyle has been linked to obesity. Sedentary lifestyle makes people lazy, which ultimately lead to obesity.
Parents, who spend quality time with their children, by sketching, coloring and solving puzzles with them, are in fact contribute to healthy living of children. Therefore, parents have been advised to spend more time with their children. As soon as children enter school, their physical activity decreases. Therefore, parents should find ways of keep their children engaged in physical activities.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki