In a very generous act, Will. I. Am donated £500,000 from his The Voice UK paycheck to the Prince's Trust. The Start speaking to The Sun said, "The people of the UK welcomed me into their homes every week and I wanted to give everything back. I called my manager and said, 'What can I do with the money that I'm getting for The Voice? I don't need it.' It's the least I could do - the show changed my life."
The Black Eyed Peas star met Prince Charles yesterday to discuss his own charity i. am. angel Foundation could work and support the Trust's work. At the Trust's headquarters he spoke about his decision to donate money to the Trust saying "My donation to the Trust will help these young people build skills that are vital in today's and tomorrow's job market, including technology and computer knowledge. I grew up in East Los Angeles, one of the most under-served and tough neighbourhoods in America. My family made sure I understood that getting a good education and hard work were key to turning my dreams into reality and beating the odds that come with growing up in a disadvantaged situation." Adding to that he said, "The Prince's Trust has a 36-year history of assisting disadvantaged youth, so I am pleased to be collaborating with an organisation that shares my mission to transform the lives of young people who need extra support and structure in their lives."
This indeed was one of the most inspiring gestures.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki