Olivia Newton-John, the English-Australian singer and actress, who has been honored with Grammy awards four times, has given her name to a new cancer center to be opened in Melbourne. She stated that she wanted to let know the people that even public hospitals give access to same quality of care and treatment that she received, when she was struggling for life with cancer.
It has been reported that the famous entertainment icon has almost spent her past one decade to help raise funds for this Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre, which is located in city's east side and is adjacent to Austin hospital.
Sources revealed that the singer made enormous efforts to raise funds including, walk across the Great Wall of China and a duet performance with Jim Stynes at an AFL match.
She said, "Friday's opening of the centre was the culmination of the hard work of thousands and a dream come true".
She emphasized that she is aware how one feels, while going through the disease. She exaggerated she herself has experienced all that. She suggested that at that time the patient needs a helping hand, a support and this center she assured will provide with all that, along with proper treatment.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki