Previous reports regarding the status of England in case of children suggested that many of the children are unable to get even two times meal in a day, due to financial situations faced by their parents. Most of the young children have to sleep daily with meal of a single time.
Currently, it has been revealed that doctors and head teachers are asking the government to help them tackle the situation. They have suggested the government to provide the children free breakfasts as a part of school's free meals scheme.
They have recommended the government that such a step will help solve major health problems, which have arose due to poverty and at the same time, will help trigger the rate of academic performance.
It has been recovered that a team of representatives from Royal College of GPs, the National Association of Head Teachers and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has collaborated to raise concerns regarding the issue and at the same time suggest the remedy.
Findings in a Guardian survey unveiled that out of 591 teachers they questioned across UK, about half of them stated that they provide children with food, who have not had their breakfast. Nevertheless, one out of six notified that they gave money to the students to buy lunch.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki