The Australian Red Cross Blood Service has stuck under a great problem as it has blood supply of one 2.2 days remaining. Main reason for shortage of blood is less blood donation, said Kathy Bowlen, who is Blood Service spokeswoman.
Bowlen said that it is the first time that they have seen such a big dip. But Bowlen further affirmed that they have no reason to tell that why they have been unable to miss blood donation appointments week after week.
It has been revealed that the Australian Red Cross Blood Service has not been able to fulfill their target of 27,000 appointments and this is the reason that they have been facing such a shortage. Bowlen has urged people to come forth and fulfill their moral obligations.
Anyone of them can need blood and blood platelets, so it will be better to have stock in advance. It should also be noted that blood donation is needed not once but constantly, as one packet of blood can be saved for maximum five days.
"It's been a difficult year for the blood supply, and with colds and flu now stopping regular donors coming in, we really need more help to build stocks now", said Bowlen.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki