It has been seen many times that when some person goes through a difficult time or is undergoing some form of depression, they take up drinking. There are many people who think of drinking as the easiest solution to all the stress. But a study has come with a finding that would seem to be a lot peculiar. The researchers claim that after an obese person goes through a weight loss surgery, they start indulging in binge drinking. This has also resulted in the cases related to alcohol abuse.
According to the researchers, this acts as a deterrent as most of these people come out a problem of overweight and fall into another problem of drinking. The figures that were put out by the researchers depicted that there has only been a rise of 2% in the cases related to alcohol abuse after a particular weight loss procedure. But if the overall numbers are taken into account then it leads to 2,000 new cases of abuse every year in the U. S.
The more profound aspect that came out of the study is that there was an increase of dependence of alcohol among the patients after the surgery.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki