The Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) has issued a warning to all the people and especially those involved in sports who take supplement to stay away from those food supplements that contain a substance known as DMAA or also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine.
The authority is also in consideration to ban the substance as a whole. This comes in wake of incidences that have surfaced in Australia and overseas. There have been many people that have suffered from various adverse health affect after consumption of products that contained DMAA. It is being speculated that this substance can lead to high blood pressure and even vomiting.
According to the New South Wales Food Authority, which is investigating the food supplement for the questionable substance, nearly 11 out of 12 supplements that they inspected had DMAA in it. These are Noxpump, 3-D explosion, Beta-Cret, PreSurge, 1 MR, Cyroshock, Jack3D, Mesomorph, Neurocore, Oxyelite powder, and Hemo Rage Black.
They are basically pre-workout supplements and many people consume them daily. This is a very worrisome situation and the authorities have now joined hands with retailers, importers and distributors in order to ensure that all the questionable products are taken off the shelf.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki