In order to encourage organ donation, Welsh Government has drafted a new Bill. As per recent reports, it has been revealed that this bill has been published. It has been reported that the government has declared that it needs to bring about changes in the present system of organ donation.
It has been recovered that if this bill is brought into practice, then each resident of Wales will be considered as a donor, who will be donating organs after death. However, if anyone is not willing to, then they can object and get their names removed from the list of donors.
It has been notified that after the implementation of this reform, the country will be first one in UK to have introduced such a system, which assumes everyone to be a donor.
Supporters of the reforms have suggested that with such a reform, transplant rates in Wales would be increased to a major extent. However, church leaders have hindered the modifications and have raised issues regarding the role of families to be played after death of a family member.
However, Health Minister Lesley Griffiths has affirmed that she could not even imagine removing organs of a person, without the consent of family members.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki