This year's Johnson County Relay for Life was a great hit as people taking part in it raised a good chunk of money by providing services like car wash, bake sales and by asking for donation door by door. However, the team members of Pink Ladies grabbed the attention as they were able to raise an amount of more than $5,000.
A member of Pink Ladies, Frannie Rizzo was reported saying, "You can always help your family and friends who are affected. But I feel like Relay for Life is a time people can come all together". It has been informed that a fund raising event was held at Francis X Cretzmeyer Track on 15th of June at 7:00 p. m.
It was a one day event that helped in raising funds for cancer patients. According to the official website of the Relay for Life, the first event of Relay for Life took place in Taoma Washington. This year, the event has marked its 20th anniversary.
Relay for Life is one of such events that give opportunities to others in helping easing up the lives of cancer patients. Various fun activities are also organized to keep the participants entertained.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki