Relay for Life is the main volunteer-driven cancer fundraising event of the American Cancer Society. Originating in the United States, the Relay for Life event has spread to 21 different countries. It is a life-changing event that helps communities across the globe, celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. This year the event would be held at Rohnert Park and Cotati.
It will be a special initiative as it will offer survivors and their loved ones a chance to celebrate all the additional candles on their cakes since diagnosis at Sonoma Mountain Village Soccer Field. The event till date has raised over $3 billion at more than 5,000 events throughout the country. It is also a way for the community to honor and celebrate the lives of local cancer survivors.
According to Gina Alessio, director of Relay for Life in Sonoma County, "Relay for Life is a great opportunity to come together and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. It provides us with a way to celebrate and honor cancer survivors, remember those lost to the disease and fight back with the shared belief that cancer will one day be eliminated".
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki